BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

-the chair of doom!-

So I bought this chair... (hi, by the way, have you missed me?)

Its was $35, but I got a discount for being in college and "being a good person". No, I did not know the man I bought this chair from. But I did enjoy the random discounts!

The chair was painted black. What was underneath the black? I'll let you see for yourself. Sorry in advance for some of the photo quality, picture of a picture.


That's right friends, pink! The black paint came off relatively easily, but that evil pink wasn't so accomadating. This is after the first night I worked on it.


Joy's stripper worked so much better than mine (such a fun phrase!),so after she finished working on her table, she finished stripping the paint off of my chair, because she is just that awesome!


So there did end up being something underneathe the preposterous pink, a layer(s) of varnish and stain. Grrr! After Joy and I working more on it last night, we FINALLY got that off too!


I only have a few spindles on the back left to sand, and if my arms which are super sore from sanding allow me to, I will finish it tonight! I'll post a picture after staining it!

Anyway, I have missed blogging and missed you guys. How are you?

2 comments:

Joy said...

my arms are also wanting to fall off... just wanted to share in your pain...

Andrea said...

That's such an awesome project!

I have an end table of my mom's I want to refinish. And a clock from my grandmother.

Can I borrow her stripper?

(wow. that sounds even worse!)

p.s. YES. I missed you.