BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Hello? Anybody listening???

Ever feel like you have said the same thing hundreds of times? I think everyone experiences this. For me its "Hello. Have you done the online registration? No? Ok you can use those computers behind you on the table." That doesn't sound like much, but after you've said it a few hundred times in a day, its gets old. Other phrases could include but are not limited to "Put on your coat before going outside", (something I heard THOUSANDS of times while growing up) "Wash the dishes!" (this one is usually directed towards my brother), or even "Shut the front door". We all get annoyed when we have to repeat something a thousand times over just to get a point across.

I was thinking about this at work today when it occurred to me that I make God repeatedly say things to me. Things like "I made you, you're beautiful, stop insulting the works of my hand" (ouch!), and "I'm not going to give up on you and I'm not going anywhere, I love you", and one that makes me weepy at times- "I'm your heavenly Father, I'm Dad, just let me take care of these things instead of trying to take care of them yourself".

I hope this makes sense. I'm blogging this for me just as much as I am for anyone else who may want to read it. I need to write it down, make a note of what He says about me and about who He is.

Although I have mocked this song (because its hilarious!), I think it makes a good point. In the hymn "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing" there is a line that says "Here I raise my Ebenezer". For a while I thought that meant "Here I raise my old man who hates Christmas", but really the word Ebenezer means a stone of help or remembrance. I want to make an Ebenezer of sorts I guess you could say. I want to have something, whether that be a blog or a literal rock or whatever, that is a point of remembrance of who God is and what He has done and is doing and will do.

0 comments: