BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Dads

Fathers Day is right around the corner (June 20th people! Don't forget!) Within the past month or so I've been thinking about my Dad, and some men who have taken on the role of 'Dad' in the past 4 years.

My Dad was very awesome and very flawed. He definitely had his moments of craziness.(...hmm, wonder where I get it from???) But his craziness was generally hilarious, which I also picked up on. Actually, both of my parents have this trait, which obviously had an awesome impact on me!

Anyway, Dad was a very sweet, caring, crazy man. I had him until a week after my 18th birthday. I was/am very blessed to have him as long as I did.

Since losing Dad, God has sent me a couple of men who have gladly served in the role of 'Dad' and I am very thankful for them.

The one who has done this the most is Papa Doug. I don't think I will ever be able to tell him - without bursting into tears - how thankful I am for him. He made it very clear to Sean -while we were still dating- on more than one occasion that he better not ever hurt me. That is very Dad-like if you ask me! =) He was the pastor at our wedding---at which he cried like a baby (wedding AND rehearsal actually!) There are a billion other little things here and there that make him 'Dad'.

I know that no one will ever really totally replace Dad, but I am very thankful for the 'Dads' God has given me. And I am also eternally thankful for the fact that He is my heavenly Father. I am very blessed.

0 comments: