BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, January 21, 2010

A Prayer for Brokeness and Restoration.

Recently some mentors of mine have been encouraging me to pray scriptures aloud. This one is one that I have prayed for about a week and a half now and I just wanted to share it. I've been in a place recently in my walk with God where I have let me sinful nature take over instead of focusing on what He wants for me and who He has called me to be. This psalm I think pretty effectively sums up how I've been feeling recently and I'm very thankful to say that God has begun restoring me...again. Don't you ever feel like He's constantly in a state of restoring us? Part of me thinks that that must get very tiring...

Psalms 51

A Prayer for Restoration

[1] Be gracious to me, God,
according to Your faithful love;
according to Your abundant compassion,
blot out my rebellion.
[2] Wash away my guilt,
and cleanse me from my sin.
[3] For I am conscious of my rebellion,
and my sin is always before me.
[4] Against You—You alone—I have sinned
and done this evil in Your sight.
So You are right when You pass sentence;
You are blameless when You judge.
[5] Indeed, I was guilty when I was born;
I was sinful when my mother conceived me.
[6] Surely You desire integrity in the inner self,
and You teach me wisdom deep within.
[7] Purify me with hyssop, and I will be clean;
wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.
[8] Let me hear joy and gladness;
let the bones You have crushed rejoice.
[9] Turn Your face away from my sins
and blot out all my guilt.
[10] God, create a clean heart for me
and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
[11] Do not banish me from Your presence
or take Your Holy Spirit from me.
[12] Restore the joy of Your salvation to me,
and give me a willing spirit.
[13] Then I will teach the rebellious Your ways,
and sinners will return to You.
[14] Save me from the guilt of bloodshed, God,
the God of my salvation,
and my tongue will sing of Your righteousness.
[15] Lord, open my lips,
and my mouth will declare Your praise.
[16] You do not want a sacrifice, or I would give it;
You are not pleased with a • burnt offering.
[17] The sacrifice pleasing to God is a broken spirit.
God, You will not despise a broken and humbled heart.
[18] In Your good pleasure, cause Zion to prosper;
build Or rebuild the walls of Jerusalem.
[19] Then You will delight in righteous sacrifices,
whole burnt offerings;
then bulls will be offered on Your altar.

0 comments: