BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, March 25, 2011

Tornadic Weather Plan

I HATE TORNADIC WEATHER! Not that there is anyone who loves it-with the possible exception of storm chasers. I have a plan for when the clouds start to look unusally ominous. Here is how things usually go:

1. I receive a campus wide text message informing me of impending doom.
2. I panic and want to vomit.
3. I realize that now is not a great time to throw up and start to gather things and throw them into the bath tub.

Most people would grab items like important financial documents, maybe some photos, marriage license, etc. However I am not most people. These are items I grabbed in the order I grabbed them, not necessarily in their order of importance.

1. Big bag o' crap. This includes family photos (not all, but a small sample of them), a letter from my Dad, 4 cassettes (2 of the same Lou Reed album), one Jethro Tull 8-track, a rusty nail (important!), my great grandfather's Bible and other random items.
2. Wedding photos!
3. Borrowed books. I know my friends would be understanding, but still I hate to lose other people's stuff.
4. My bible
5. Grandmother's bible
6. EVERY SINGLE FLASHLIGHT I OWN!
7. iPod
8. Cell phone and charger
9. Random photo of my Dad, Aunt Jean and his brothers
10. Prudence
11. Purse and keys
12. ibuprofen, orange juice, pringles, and chocolate
13. Blanket
14. Voter registration card
15. 3 books of mine- no, not text books- my professors would have been understanding right?
Now, some say I overreact when a storm comes through, but you wouldn't agree with them...would you?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

BAWAHAHAHAHA!! Please, I am so not laughing at your fright. I am simply giggling at your cuteness! Love ya!! =)

Joy said...

don't forget making your husband put it all back after the storm warnings are over and you go to a friends house... ;o)